Sundays | 11:00AM | Parlor
What is TLC?
TLC stands for Truth to Life Conversations. TLC exists to connect our experience with God in Sunday worship and Word with the rest of our lives during the week. TLC is a “drop-in-anytime” place, where guests are regularly connecting. New groups and new conversations begin every Sunday.
Here is some feedback from recent TLC guests. “I appreciate…
- “..the opportunity to connect with others that I wouldn’t otherwise meet, and to wrestle with the sermon in real time”
- “..the direct application of the message to real life”
- “…listening to the perspectives and questions of others that are different that mine”
- “…the atmosphere of loving recognition and patient listening”
- “…the chance to be encouraged by how God is working in the lives of others!”
Who are TLCs for?
Adults of all ages/stages of life. No prior Bible knowledge or expertise is required. Come as you can. Come as you are . If you are not comfortable participating in the conversation, you are welcome to come and listen in.
TLC Conversation Guides
- Sermon conversation guides are provided in the Sunday bulletin. Conversation guides are not only used in TLC. They are also used by individuals, families, and small groups. Download the TLC Conversation Guides when it works best for you.
What happens in TLC?
Guests arrive, are welcomed and are invited to situate themselves at a table with 7-8 other adults. Lead hosts open the session with a personal (often humorous) story that relates to the theme of the sermon, in response to the morning’s “ice breaker” question. Guests then have a chance to get acquainted at their tables, proceeding to discuss questions and applications related to the sermon and their experience with God in worship. Each table is led by a pair of trained group conversation hosts. The session concludes as the lead host gathers input from the groups so that all can experience how God is speaking out of our shared questions, struggles and discoveries.
How are TLCs different from conventional Bible studies or Sunday School classes?
- TLCs are specifically focused on conversation that applies the Sunday morning sermon to daily life.
- TLCs are midsized groups, subdivided into tables of 7-8 people.
- TLCs presume no prior Bible knowledge.
- TLCs are always open. We expect and welcome guests every week.
- TLCs are fluid. You can change tables anytime.
- TLCs value a diversity of perspectives.
- TLCs are not the destination, but part of the pathway of discipleship. WCPC exists to prepare and unleash disciples to transform communities with the love of Jesus. TLC’s exist to facilitate that mission.