Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry which provides one-on-one care for those going through a difficult time, such as a job loss, relocation, death or illness of a loved one, divorce, or other life challenges. The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remains private.
Stephen Ministries Website | stephenministries.org
The international Stephen Ministry organization is headquartered in St. Louis.
A Stephen Minister is . . .
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, prays, supports and encourages.
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about one hour each week for as long as there is a need.
Stephen Ministers are called to be CAREGIVERS…GOD is the CUREGIVER!
For more information, contact a Stephen Leader: