Director of Children’s Ministries
Sunday Morning Program Schedule
|2-23 months (by 8/21/16)
||Room 31||Room 29|
|2-3 years, 11 months (by 8/21/16)
||Room 29||Room 29|
|4-5 years/K (by 8/21/16)
Check-out: Room 33
|Check-in/out: Room 29
Check-out: Room 7 (1st-2nd) & 10 (3rd-4th)
Check-in/out: Room 11
*At 9:30AM families worship together until children are released for program and met by a team of Sunday School leaders in the Sanctuary lobby (please escort your 4-5 year old to his/her team of leaders). Leaders then walk children to classrooms, where they will remain until they are checked-out by a parent/guardian at the end of the worship service.
2-23 months: Infants and toddlers are welcomed into a safe and nurturing environment by a caring team of trained and consistent caregivers.
2-3 years, 11 months: Children learn that God made them, God loves them and God is with them.
4-5 years/K: The natural curiosity of preschool and kindergarten-age children is piqued as they are invited to experience the wonder of who God is.
Grades 1-4: God’s incredible redemptive plan is revealed through the telling of The Big God Story and children are invited to be a part of it!
Parent & Family Resources
These take-home resources correspond with our Sunday morning programs to help families connect and grow together spiritually during the week.
- 4 years-4th Grade: HomeFront Weekly provides parents with the opportunity to read God’s Word with their child to prepare for the upcoming Sunday lesson. Children get to hear a specific part of The Big God Story from their parents first!
- HomeFront Magazine gives parents ideas on how to create fun, spiritually forming times in their home. Filled with recipes, craft ideas, stories, and more, this resource is designed to inspire, equip, and support you on your parenting journey. Click here to learn more.
During adult programming and events, children are supervised by a team of trained caregivers and engage in developmentally appropriate creative activities, free-play and a faith-based lesson appropriate to age.
Registration & Security Check-In/Check-Out
Please complete a 2016-2017 Child Participation Form (click on the link below). Sunday visitors are asked to complete a Kingdom Kids Visitor Card upon check-in. For the safety of the children attending our programs, and to be included on our attendance sheets and mailing list, we must have a current form on file with parent/guardian signatures.
- Parents/guardians sign children in and out of programs and events (up to ten minutes beforehand) by initialing the attendance sheet and indicating the time of drop-off and pick-up. The same parent/guardian that dropped off the child (or someone they have authorized in writing, including another parent or guardian) must pick up the child and sign out the child from our care.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to take a pager or leave their cell phone number for us to contact them, if needed.
- Please pick up children promptly following worship, programs and events. If worship and/or Sunday morning classes end early, please wait to pick up children until 10:45am or 12:15pm to allow us time to finish our programs.
Safety & Wellness
We take our responsibility to the children on our campus seriously, and strive to provide a safe and healthy environment for all children at WCPC. Our paid staff and volunteers have been carefully screened and trained, and are committed to the safety and well-being of each child. Please help us by:
- Keeping your child home if he or she shows any symptoms of communicable illness, including fever, persistent cough, runny nose, diarrhea, etc. We request that children are symptom-free for 24 hours before attending our programs or events. If a child shows any symptoms of illness, the parent/guardian will be contacted as soon as reasonably possible to request that the child be picked up immediately.
- Having your child finish all food and drinks and washing or disinfecting his or her hands upon entering our classrooms. This helps protect against the spread of allergens and germs.
- Communicating any specials needs that your child may have by indicating them on the Child Participation form and attendance sheet (e.g. chronic illness, allergy, medical condition, restriction of activity, or special needs that would affect your child’s participation or require emergency medical treatment).
Please note that all of our classrooms are nut-free. Snacks provided by WCPC during programs and events are always nut-free. If you bring an alternative snack for your child, it must be nut-free.