“Childhood is a journey, not a race.”
We recognize the crucial importance of children’s experiences during early childhood. Positive, supportive relationships during the earliest years are essential for healthy emotional development, cognitive development and social attachment. We believe that all areas of a child’s development – physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cognitive are interrelated and equal in importance, and that play is the best vehicle for discovery and growth.
- We believe that each child is God’s unique creation with an individual pattern and timing of growth.
- We maintain a safe and nurturing environment for the freedom of discovery, creation, exploration and surprise.
- We promote the development of responsibility and a positive self-concept.
- We maintain a balance between child-initiated play activities and teacher-directed learning activities.
- We present learning experiences that stimulate physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cognitive development in a Christian environment.
- We provide activities to stimulate independent thinking and to give each child many opportunities for experimentation and problem solving.
- Our curriculum provides for kindergarten readiness; at the same time, we believe that childhood is a journey, not a race.
Walnut Creek Presbyterian Preschool Programs
Extended Day & Lunch Bunch Program
Lunch Bunch is an enrichment opportunity following our morning preschool program.
12:00 to 2:00 PM | For Lunch Bunch availability and information, please contact the Preschool Office at 925-935-1669.
Download Our 2017-2018 Preschool Application
We are accepting applications for the 2017/2018 school year as of December 12, 2016.
Classes run from September 2017 to June 2018.
Non-refundable Registration Fee: $50. The first (non-refundable) tuition payment is due with application (new families) or May 22, 2016 (current preschool families). This is followed by 8 monthly tuition payments, October 2017 through May 2018.
Children must be toilet trained Enrollment is open to all children of the community without regard to race or religion. Children with special needs are considered individually.
Our staff is composed of loving and experienced professionals with a passion for Early Childhood Education. They meet or exceed the guidelines of the California State Licensing Department.
Teacher : Student Ratio
3’s = 1 teacher : 9 students
4’s = 1 teacher : 11 students
TK = 1 teacher : 10 students
Sample Daily Schedule
We have a balanced program that has continuity and flexibility in meeting the individual needs of young children.
- Greeting Circle (Introduction, Calendar, Weather)
- Child Initiated Play (Activity Centers & Art)
- Outdoor Play
- Teacher-Directed Circle
- Small Group Time
- Literature & Storytelling
- Optional Lunch Bunch Program
Info & Calendars
Support the Preschool through eScript
Group Name: Walnut Creek Presbyterian Preschool
Group ID: 500017277