Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry which provides one-on-one care for those going through a difficult time, such as a job loss, relocation, death or illness of a loved one, divorce, or other life challenges. The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remains private.
For more information, contact Paul Chastain at 925.788.7545.
Stephen Ministries Website | stephenministries.org
A Stephen Minister is . . .
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, prays, supports and encourages.
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about one hour each week for as long as there is a need.
Stephen Ministers are called to be CAREGIVERS…GOD is the CUREGIVER!